Monday 17 August 2009

Hybrid - Siouxsie & The Banshees (1980)

I just returned from Houston where I got to sit in on the debut of our newest course The Emerging Ethanol Energy Markets: A Comprehensive Overview. I am pleased to reprot that it was well-received by delegates. If this topic, as well as biofuels and biodiesel, are of interest, I highly recommend the course which is slated to run again in March 2010 though you can bring it in-house for a team of colleagues.

But what I did want to share was the article I came across in the Continental Airlines in-flight magazine entitled "Executive Ed Goes Hybrid" by Robert McGarvey which in a nutshell postulates that "a mix of online and face-to-face learning is putting a fresh focus on results that make a lasting impact". This is also known as 'blended learning' or what I like to call 'multideimensional learning', which ensures reinforcement of material being taught.

The Oxford Princton Programme is a proponent of this approach as evident in a number of our instructor-led courses which are accompanied by web-based modules as well as case studies and simulation exercises.

I managed to find the article online.

No comments: