Friday 22 January 2010

My Hometown - Bruce Springsteen (1985)

Usually the title of my blog post is a song title that is relevant to our topic. However on this day I have used my all time favorite song from The Boss. My hometown is Hillsborough, NJ but given the commodity demand in Asia I might prefer a hometown some 9,500 miles or 15,000 kilometers east.

According to French Bank Societe Generale the Asian market will sustain its demand for commodities. The article I picked up on EnergyAsia.com further explains Societe Generale’s findings. To summarize, they have found that government spending, favorable demographics and the rise of the middle-class are all essential for sustaining this demand. The surge of the Chinese car industry has further driven the commodity demand. In fact, in November 2009 China took over as the world’s largest vehicle market. These factors are no doubt the direct product of the fiscal stimulus plans put into action in response to the global economic downturn.

To read the complete article: http://www.energyasia.com/content/view/18509/1/

If you are thinking about or are actively engaging in this commodity hungry market I encourage proper training.

Upcoming Energy Training Workshops in Singapore

Energy Derivatives Markets, Instruments and Hedging – 8-9 March 2010
Energy Derivatives Pricing, Hedging and Risk Management – 10-11 March 2010

Front to Back Office: Trading Controls and Best Practices – 8 March 2010
Value-at-Risk: The Basics and Beyond – 9 March 2010

Fundamentals of Technical Analysis – 10-11 March 2010
Advanced Technical Analysis and Technical Trading – 12 March 2010

International Oil Trading - A Practical Approach to the Legal Issues for Successful Management of Claims and Disputes – 12-14 April 2010
Principles of International Oil Trading – 14-17 April 2010
International Oil Trading - Advanced Techniques and Strategic Price Risk Management – 19-21 April 2010

For the complete 2010 Asia Pacific schedule click here.

I always want to hear from our readers. Feel free to post any comments or questions below. Or maybe you just want to tell me your favorite song so I can use it in a future post.

No comments: